Clinics & Services
The Surgery provides the following services for all registered patients:
Easy access to healthcare
- Bookable appointments at a range of times
- Healthcare clinics in local community venues
Help staying healthy
- Advice on preventing illness
- Advice on managing a long-term health condition
- Cervical screening (smear tests)
- Contraceptive services (emergency and routine)
- Childhood immunisations
- Travel vaccinations and advice
Please call 0161 962 1332 to enquire about your test results.
Note that the practice has a strict policy regarding confidentiality and data protection and we will only release test results to the person to whom they relate unless that person has given prior written permission for the release of this data. When you take your test you will be told how long it will be before the results are returned to the practice. It is your responsibility to check your results and to make an appointment to discuss them with your doctor if your are advised to do. For abnormal results the admin team will contact you to arrange an appointment with the GP or Nurse.
Not all services at the Practice are available under the NHS. Where patients request NON-NHS items or services, a Private Fee may be payable. The following document lists those fees, which are payable in advance.
Understanding your experiences of health and social care in Manchester NHS Manchester Clinical Commissioning Groups are committed to involving the public in shaping the future of our health and social care services. As part of ‘A healthier Manchester’ and our Locality Plan we want to encourage and support you to lead a healthier life. Filling in and submitting the following plan will help us better understand your needs towards a healthier life. All of your responses are anonymous and we will use it to assist us to improve health and care services in the future.
We at St Ann’s are developing our drop in service that is held at our Heald Green site. This service is for:
- Patients and/or carers who are keen to view the services and/or hospice environment.
- Patients who have potentially progressive life-limiting illness who need information, support and advice.
- Healthcare professionals and carers, friends and relatives of people with potentially progressive life-limiting illness who want to access support, information and advice.
For more information about the service, download the following leaflet.
Woodlands Medical Practice is a training practice for medical students. We are proud to received the following awards.
Woodlands medical practice is proud to announce that the minor surgery is up and running since April 2018. Our expert Dr. Faisal Bhutta visits the practice once a month and performs minor surgery and joint injections. This involves removing troublesome small lumps, bumps and skin lesions under local anesthesia. Steroid injections can also be done for troublesome arthritis. Please contact the surgery if you need more information.
Dr Faisal Bhutta
MBBS, MRCS, MRCGP, DRCOG, DFSRH, FRCGP